Opening of Ventrus Teaching School
As a result of the Duchy’s award of outstanding status by Ofsted and the Head of School’s successful background of school to school support and her National Leader in Education role, it met the criteria to apply for Teaching School status which was granted in March 2016.
The role of the Teaching School is to provide high quality training and support for school improvement in its local area.
Teaching schools lead in 6 areas:
- Delivering school-led initial teacher training (ITT), including School Direct
- Providing tailored CPD for staff across their alliances
- Supporting other schools, usually in challenging circumstances, to bring about improvement
- Identifying and developing future leaders
- Recruiting and managing Specialist Leaders of Education
- Conducting research and development
So far Ventrus Teaching School has recruited 5 of its 7 School Direct places and has launched a range of support programmes within and outside of the Trust.
For more information go to www.ventrustsa.org.uk or follow them on Twitter @VentrusTSA